Friday, November 12, 2010

Justin Bieber Working On Mixtape With Lil Twist

Justin Bieber already showed fans his fledgling MC skills as Shawty Mane. Now the Biebs may be donning his rap cap again, according to Lil Twist. The Young Money rapper says he's working on a mixtape with the pop star.

"It's in the works," Twist told Neon Limelight. "We got a few records done, and every time we talk, we actually talk about this mixtape."

So what will fans find on the mixtape?

"We recently did 'Billionaire' by Travis McCoy and Bruno Mars," Twist explained. "We did that over with our own words, like a remix. That's how we're gonna do the majority of the mixtape, with other people's records and just me freestyling over it. And Justin's a rapper now, so he's gonna be goin' in."

Bieber has said he's open to playing Shawty Mane again. "I thought it was fun, I like rapping," Bieber recently told MTV News. "Maybe in the future, Shawty Mane will come back.

The singer also recalled how he came up with the name for his MC alter ego. "I don't know, me and my friends were just messing around and they were like, 'Shawty Mane,' and I was like, 'Yeah, that'll be my nickname.' Shawty Mane is just like a funny character. You know, Justin Bieber is not a rapper, and it would just be lame if I came out rapping. It's lame anyway because I'm like a pop singer, but I thought it was funny, I just did it as a joke. It wasn't like anything serious."

What do you think about Justin and Lil Twist working on a mixtape? Let us know in the comments!


MTV


No comments:

Post a Comment